Women Struggle and Rarely Talk About it
I’m excited to share that God's plan is coming together beautifully. Better than I could have imagined! The Holy Spirit laid on my heart years ago to help women that are struggling with mental health. The first step was opening my heart (which was difficult) in order to help others. I’m thrilled to share we have a woman in need that needs our help. So let’s join forces and do what we can to help her.
1. First, I’m creating a necklace named after her. The Caitlyn necklace
2. The profits of the sale will provide her the therapy she needs.
3. My goal is to raise $1,000
4. This campaign will launch on 11/11/2020
Read more from Caitlyn:
“Many people hide the fact that they have something “wrong” with them, especially when it comes to mental health issues. It is so easy to hide behind a camera or phone screen, especially right now, so all we are seeing is a highlight reel of people’s lives.
I can vividly remember my first panic attack. I was at work, in the middle of my shared office and I couldn’t breathe. I truly felt like I couldn’t breathe. It was so bad that I went to my boss and told him, something is wrong, but I have no idea what. He sent me home and told me I should go to the local clinic. So there I was, in the middle of a panic attack, driving myself to the clinic. Once there, I was told to calm down, that I was having a panic attack.
If only it was that easy.
That is where I had my first taste of the “sympathy”, or lack thereof, of panic attacks and how other people react to them.
So, I did what was easy. I went home and have tried to manage myself.
Now, I have panic attacks frequently, but I haven’t told many people because I don’t want to hear, “well just calm down” ever again. I don’t want people to think they are the ones causing my stress and I don’t have an explanation to give them on why they are occurring.
Therapy is a scary word, but I’m excited to start it.
When Honey announced her campaign it honestly blew my mind. I thought it was so strong of her to come out and discuss mental health - something many of us entrepreneurs struggle with but don’t openly discuss.
If you, or anyone close to you, is going through anything mental health-related, I promise you are not alone.”
- 7 black beads represent that God created heaven and earth, on the 7th day he rested
- 1 white mother of pearl bead
- 3 green beads represent God, Jesus, and Holy Spirt
- When I shared all the above with Caitlyn she immediately called me to share that she appreciated my meaning behind it but she was not a religious person but respected it. She also shared that her birthday was on the 7th, her favorite number is 7, her birthstone is Mother of Pearl, and her friend repeats 3 times Breath, Breath, Breath when she is suffering from a panic attack.
Did you get goosebumps on top of goosebumps after reading that? No denying our God is good and cares about all the details.
- Sterling Silver
- 18" consider purchasing an extender if you need a longer length
All of our jewelry is handmade to order just for you so each piece will be unique and may vary slightly from what is pictured. Due to its handmade nature, please allow 7-14 business days for orders to ships.